Monday, August 1, 2011

Pink Pedal Pushers

I don't know why I hated the pink pedal pushers.  My memory of them now is my favorite.  But I loved Cinderella dresses then and wanted to grow up to be a princess.  Now I'm a pink pedal pusher kinda girl.  I remember picking stray daffodils in them, the same ones my first boyfriend later picked for me.  I remember sitting on the big bank watching Lenoir in them and sliding down the stairsteps in them and smiling in them.  The prankster child appeared in them when I unsnapped the cloth hammock chair that the gabby neighbor loved to sit in.  I couldn't believe my first prank was so successful when her body folded up and her legs and arms flying about.  I learned what being a great sport was all about from her and what a jolly laugh she had, while wearing my pink pedal pushers.  I locked my little sister out of the house when wearing pink pedal pushers.  I'm sorry Jeannie.  I didn't know then what I know now; that I'm a pink pedal pusher kinda girl.......and I love my little sister. 

1 comment:

Lucie Pollard Branham said...

From the stories of life above the funeral parlor, to the prankster stories, to the hearing dragon flies and wearing pink pedal pushers, you have wrapped my heart in yours and each time it is magical. Thank you. I love your words and I love you.